Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Arrived!!

At about the time everyone I know was going to work or school, I was flying from Tokyo to Bangkok! I arrived at about 11:30 pm local time, or 10 am Monday to those of you in California. When I landed the temperature on the ground was about 80 degrees, which needless to say is hotter than i have been in months!

I took a taxi into the 'backpackers' part of town and met up with sheila. We walked around Khau San road for a while, then crashed. Today we went to a huge 7 story mall and have probably sweat about 20 pounds betweent the 2 of us! I had some amazing fresh squeezed orange juice and a yummy bowl of broth, noodles, and wierd fish puffs. We took a boat taxi, which cigar shaped boat with low sides that sped through the canals from one side of town to the other. It was super fun and way cheaper than a regular taxi! Tonight we take a bus and boat to a southern Thai beach, though I can't remember the name of it right now. Tomorrow, it's sun and sand for a while, and I can't wait.

More details and pictures to follow, but it's already amazing!

1 comment:

Yoda said...

ADAWG!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear you landed, safe and sound. Take tons of pictures, damn it! Can't wait to see and read about all the wacky sheila/andrea adventures.

love you!

pdirty